"Fresh From the Heart Grow Challenge"
Gardeners Share with the Calgary Food Bank
Here is a win-win-win friendly challenge for all community gardens!
• Fresh produce for Calgarians short of food
• Feeling good that your surplus fresh produce is finding a good home
• Getting to know your neighbouring gardens
• Bragging rights for community gardeners
• Encouraging the growth of more community gardens
Here's how it works:
• Calculate the square footage of your garden under cultivation.
• Send an email to email@example.com request a simple registration form that will be used to help the Calgary Food Bank calculate the poundage being donated per garden.
• Harvest your fresh, disease-free produce (taking pictures as you do). No need to wash or trim the produce.
• Either take the produce to the Calgary Inter-Faith Food Bank or call & ask them up to come & collect it.
• Attend the Harvest Fair on October 1 at Hillhurst Sunnyside Community Centre & experience the friendly produce competition, farmers' market, awards ceremony and more!
The Mid-Sun Community Garden has been donating food to
the Calgary Food Bank since 2011.
Is your Community Garden up to the Challenge this season?